Re: Re: [Linphone-users] ADSL modem crash when using linphone-2.0.0

From: vladimir
Subject: Re: Re: [Linphone-users] ADSL modem crash when using linphone-2.0.0
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:45:19 +0100

Quoting Klaus Darilion <address@hidden>:

VoVaN schrieb:
I know my modem has the latest firmware available at the moment form my provider (Orange). It has been discussed here already and I agree that the modem is not robust enough. I think that's not a problem with this particular modem, but with all modems based on the same hardware/firmware. I mentioned already and it has been discussed widely on internet, that very few types of ADSL modems can handle p2p traffic without problems. In my case modem crashes some times while I'm using torrent client, but there's a simple solution, just restrict the number of connections, since that I don't have any problems. So, maybe there's a kind of workaround for traffic generated by linphone/libosip?

Usually a workaround is to use another port instead of 5060. Then usually the modem wont detect the SIP traffic and just routes the packet without fumbling (and crashing).

regards
klaus

If I understand correctly, the 5060 port usually used on remote proxy/registrar, therefore that's not possible to change it locally. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Vladimir.