Re: [Linphone-users] [Fwd: linphone-2.1.1 build completely broken on fre

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] [Fwd: linphone-2.1.1 build completely broken on freebsd 7]
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 15:01:40 +0100

Michael Grigoni <address@hidden> wrote:
> In my mailer, replies go to the poster ('from' header) if no 'reply-to'
> exists.

Your mailer may be buggy.  Please report the bug to its maintainer.

In general, use the list-reply command of your email program when you
want to reply to the list.  If you want list-reply to be the usual
reply action, tell your email program.  If your email program does not
support mailing list use, then consider upgrading or using a filter in
front of it to give you the settings that you want.  If you're looking
for a list-friendly email client, I have some notes that people have
sent in at http://mjr.towers.org.uk/comp/list-mua.html
and Claws Mail looks like the best so far.

> In order to post replies I need to 'reply-all' and then manually
> edit the addresses, which takes many clicks and keystrokes.  A 'reply-to'
> header is canonical and easily implemented.

It's canonical but it is *not* for directing mailing list posts.
Please don't break everyone else's reply command because your email
program is deficient.

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef)