[Linphone-users] Request for Win32 binaries compiled for Win2k

From: Michael Grigoni
Subject: [Linphone-users] Request for Win32 binaries compiled for Win2k
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 21:52:43 -0500

-------- Original Message --------

I would like to try a Win32 version on Windows 2000; the binaries available
from Simon's site seem to require XP or newer (WS2_32.DLL function
freeaddrinfo()) According to MSDN:

 Support for freeaddrinfo on earlier versions of Windows

 The freeaddrinfo function was added to the Ws2_32.dll on Windows XP and later.
 To execute an application using this function on    earlier versions of Windows
 (Windows 2000, Windows NT, and Windows Me/98/95), then you must include the
 Ws2tcpip.h file and also include the Wspiapi.h file. When the Wspiapi.h include
 file is added, the freeaddrinfo function is defined to the WspiapiFreeAddrInfo
 inline function in the Wspiapi.h file. At runtime, the WspiapiFreeAddrInfo
 function is implemented in such a way that if the Ws2_32.dll or the Wship6.dll
 (the file containing freeaddrinfo in the IPv6 Technology Preview for Windows
 2000) does not include freeaddrinfo, then a version of freeaddrinfo is
 implemented inline based on code in the Wspiapi.h header file. This inline
 code will be used on older Windows platforms that do not natively support
 the freeaddrinfo function.

Although I have cygwin installed on various machines, I don't have the
development
environment specified to build linphone and would like to avoid having to set
it up in order to do a preliminary trial of the program. Has anyone built it
for compatibility and would care to provide the binaries?

Regards,

Michael