[Linphone-users] Windows Linphone, VPN and Zfone

From: Dr. C.E. Frieler
Subject: [Linphone-users] Windows Linphone, VPN and Zfone
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 12:02:28 -0400

I have a dream of being able to communicate securely using the components listed in the subject. But I am having a bear of a time getting it to work. Everything was working between the two target laptops with Windows Linphone and Zfone while I was on a single LAN, even with the VPN active. Now that we are on different NAT'd subnets, I realize it was only working because it was bypassing the VPN. I need to understand how to configure the connections to use the VPN channel.

I uninstalled Zfone to reduce the complexity and set "hosts" entries and SIP identities on both systems to the best of my understanding. No Joy.....

Is there a "HowTo" somewhere that covers this?
Is there anyone that has gotten Linphone to work through a VPN?
If so, could you detail the steps? If the steps are for Linux, can someone map them onto the Windows interface and configuration options?

Thanks for the help, Cliff