[Linphone-users] Re: IPv6 getaddrinfo failure

From: Petr Pisar
Subject: [Linphone-users] Re: IPv6 getaddrinfo failure
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 09:57:04 +0000 (UTC)

On 2009-07-22, Andrew Brown <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I am using IP literals, not names, direct w/o proxy server. Linphone 3.1.2
>> on XP. I can make calls fine via IPv4, and I can ping6 successfully, but
>> when I switch Linphone to IPv6, it fails me. Can anyone tell me what this
>> means? (IP address has been manually obscured.)
>>

>> message: Notifying all friends that we are in status 1
>> message: Notifying all friends that we are in status 5
>> error: getaddrinfo(): error
>>
>> warning: Failed to set DSCP value on socket.
>> message: allocating transaction ressource 11 21639
>> message: allocating ICT context
>> message: DNS resolution with 2001:1938:xxx:0:xxxx:16ac:95e3:36d6:5060
>> message: getaddrinfo failure. 2001:1938:xxx:0:xxxx:16ac:95e3:36d6:5060
>> (11001)
>> message: cb_transport_error (id=11)
>> message: cb_nict_kill_transaction (id=11)
>
> The line I really want to understand is the "getaddrinfo failure".

See the error code in parenthesis (11001). This value should be
translated to human readable string by gai_strerror() as done in SVN
HEAD source code. Probably your system C library does not implement
fully this function. Dig into header files of your libc to get the
meaning.

Actually I see similar problem on Linux with Linphone-3.1.1 too. It does
not translate the code. I will try to compile current code to resolve
it.

-- Petr