Re: [Linphone-users] Fwd: Re: [redhat.com #1263208] Linphone on the inte

From: Enrique Otero
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Fwd: Re: [redhat.com #1263208] Linphone on the internal RH SIP
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 08:36:02 +0200

Hi Matej,

This bug with linphone and VPN was fixed on the subversion repository |(||svn://svn.sv.gnu.org/linphone) |by Simon Morlat (revision 463 May 6). Unfortunately this changes have not been still released to a new Linphone version (last release 3.1.2 is dated May 5).

Regards,
Enrique

Matěj Cepl escribió:
Hi, this is the result of my dialog with our SIP support guys. Apparently, linphone gets confused and offers my internal LAN address (192.168.1.*) instead of VPN one. The result is that it the registration to the internal SIP server fails (Not Found) and when calling the contact inside of RH VPN I get "Service Unavailable". It doesn't matter whether I use an internal STUN server or use my IP address directly (this VPN connection is not NATed).

This is the only showstopper for using linphone as my main SIP client (the only other working SIP client for me is Twinkle, and I really don't like KDE apps on my machine). There are some other problems (e.g., for many users STUN/direct IP/etc. setting should be per-account, not per-program preference, many UI glitches), but fortunately non other is a showstopper for me.

What do you think?

Matěj