Re: [Linphone-users] Re: cross-compiling linphone for w32 on fedora 11

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Re: cross-compiling linphone for w32 on fedora 11
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 22:11:23 +0200

Le jeudi 10 septembre 2009 21:42:47, address@hidden a écrit :
> Simon Morlat <address@hidden> writes:
> > Most distros disable video encoders in ffmpeg, for patent reasons.
> > You perhaps have one of your ffmpeg that has encoders disabled,
> > preventing one side to send any video packet.
>
> I compiled ffmpeg from source.
> The ffmpeg configure script claims all sorts of encoders, including
> payload 34, h263, that we are testing with.
>
> Can I query what codecs are available somehow in the mediastreamer api?
>
> Also, when things doesnt work we get a trace from this line in videoenc.c:
>
>               ms_error("Unsupported codec id %i",s->codec);
>
> the id reported is 2.
THis number matches the CodecID enum declared in libavcodec/avcodec.h.
Seems like ffmpeg isn't able to provide linphone with the requested codec.
Make sure you do not have two libavcodec.so or .a installed on your system
(/usr/ or /usr/local). It is common that linphone is compiled with the
distro's ffmpeg instead of the manually compiled ffmpeg, usually installed in
/usr/local.

SImon