[Linphone-users] Re: [Linphone-developers] linphone-3.2.0 is released

From: Christian Schäfer
Subject: [Linphone-users] Re: [Linphone-developers] linphone-3.2.0 is released
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 10:16:22 -0400

Thanks, Simon for the release, it compiled well and seems to be working. However, there seems to be an issue with parsing the .linphonerc and the login credentials. Sometimes there exist more than one [auth_info] block for one specific proxy, I don't know whether this is intended. It doesn't make sense to me though. This happens with a SIP account where the SIP identity is different to the auth name and isn't quite reproducible. In this case, linphone also doesn't seem to remember the login credentials and keeps asking me after every restart.

What I'm still missing is a clear feedback to the user whether the authentication with each available SIP account was successful or not. Until now, this only gets apparent when one takes a look into the debug messages, and in the bottom line of the main window, however only for one single account. Perhaps something like a red/green dot beside each account in the account dialogue, indicating authentication failure/success?
Just a thought.

Besides these minor things: Great work! Linphone is my favorite SIP client under Linux!

Chris

Simon Morlat wrote:
Hi all,

A new version of linphone is out, bringing a better UI and make him even more robust and reliable. A notable change is that linphone works on Mac OS X (audio only in first step).

See the list of changes:

    * new in-call layout
    * new idle view with two buttons
    * ability to dial the number from dialpad
    * improve local IP address detection when having multiple networks
      (ex: VPNs)
    * use proxy's received and rport params from via in Contact header
      when possible
    * port to mac os X leopard (using gtk/x11), audio only for now
    * DevC++ support now deprecated, use msys/mingw (see README.mingw
      for details)
    * add a command line option to ask linphone to place a call,
      whenever an instance is already running or not (--call). It should
      be useful for starting calls from a web browser recognizing the
      'sip:' uri scheme.
    * french and italian translation updated
    * don't show ffmpeg codecs when encoder are disabled in ffmpeg library.
* bugfixes in:
    * video4linux2 support
    * alsa support
* socket leak in mtu discovery algorithm
See the full annoucement here:

http://www.linphone.org/index.php/eng/linphone_3_2_0_is_released

And a screenshot:

http://www.linphone.org/index.php/eng/screenshots

Mediastreamer2, the media engine also has lots of improvements, such as a parametric sound equalizer to improve mic/speaker frequency response, and an echo-limiter algorithm (for cases where traditionnal echo canceler cannot work).

For those who are doing (or interested in doing) commercial products with linphone code base, please visit the new Belledonne Communications website:

http://www.belledonne-communications.com

Belledonne Communications is a company created by me to sponsor linphone's development and propose commercial support and services.

Best regards,