[Linphone-users] No video on call

From: Christian Stuck
Subject: [Linphone-users] No video on call
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:41:20 +0200

I just installed linphone because skype sucks too much and burns my cpu
after two minutes in a video call with no clue why... anyways
Now linphone does accept my video settings. I have two computers with a
webcam and try to get them working.
One is debian linux 2.6.30-2-686 kernel and some kinde of a vega usb
internal webcam running with v4l2 driver. Video window shows my local video.
The other one is tested with same linux system and with windows xp. The
logitech quickcam communicate stx works with a v4l driver.
Video window shows my local video.

So far everything seems to be fine. Trying to call brings up that audio
works fine. In the video windows on both computers, on linux and
windows, there is the little local video in front of a big green window
where I expected the video from the remote site.
It seems its not a driver issue since the local video seems to work
fine. Is there anything I have to set up for the connection? I guess
it's just the video stream that does not get transfered.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Christian