[Linphone-users] Linphone newcomer

From: palama
Subject: [Linphone-users] Linphone newcomer
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 20:11:29 +0100

Hello List,

I'm totally new to linphone. I have been using Ekiga 2.0.12 and Twinkle 1.4.2
with good results. I would like to try linphonec because it has a small memory
footprint and is also available for Windows.
I am using Linux Debian Lenny and linphonec 2.1.1.
The problem I'm facing is that I am able to call sip addresses but I'm unable
to receive incoming calls. People trying to call me get the answer that I am
offline. If I call sip:address@hidden the echo test works well. If I call
address@hidden the connection is estabilished but is never terminated by the
correspondant and I receive no callback.
If I try to specify a proxy (ekiga.net), I get the message:

Registration on sip:ekiga.net failed: Not Acceptable

I am using the stun server stun.ekiga.net and I have no problems in receiving
calls when using Ekiga or Twinkle.

It would probably be useful to upgrade to a more recent version of linphone
but, before I try that, I would like to understand as much as I can about the
reason for which the present setup is not working.

Could somebody suggest which test I could perform to understand what is wrong
with my setup?

Best regards,

Antonio

--