Re: [Linphone-users] NEED HELP! Video Problem Using Linphone

From: Sébastien Teyssier
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] NEED HELP! Video Problem Using Linphone
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 10:47:59 +0100

I can confirm the command written by Bent is often usefull with some clients.
On ubuntu at least (and maybe also on debian), you will need to install first libv4l-0 (it is in the main repositories)

Hi Vanessa

On 2010-01-11 22:36, Vanessa Gonzalez wrote:
> With the Softphone Linphone, the program recognizes the camera and
> even lits the camera's light, but no video is show, not even local
> video.  I only get a dull green screen. The calls get through and all,
> but there is no video.
> With the Ekiga Softphone, as soon as I start it, it shows me a message
> saying that it cant recognize the device: Error Trying to open device
> CNF7041.  ...

The symptoms you describe look very much like the ones I have had with
both Ekiga and Linphone. It appears that neither Ekiga nor Linphone have
quite come to grips with the changes that happened when the webcam
driver were made part of the kernel some kernel releases back. (around
2.6.26 I believe)

I get video on both softphones using these commands:

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so linphone-3

and

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so ekiga

I hope this helps. If not we will have to look deeper.

Kind regards,

Bent