Re: [Linphone-users] Re: Does mediastreamer ilbc work for anyone on Linu

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Re: Does mediastreamer ilbc work for anyone on Linux amd64?
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:36:31 +0100

Ok thanks to the logs I could understand what happened. It 's a problem
with ilbc modes.
The plugin is configured to use the 20ms mode and does not signal it
properly to the remote side, which is sending back 30ms mode packets
while linphone is expecting 20ms mode...
However the remote does not specify which mode it wishes to receive.
The rfc http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3952.txt does not say what to
do in this case.
There will surely be plenty of interoperability problems with iLBC
"thanks" to this stupid RFC.

I suggest that you edit ilbc.c in msilbc plugin to make the following
changes in order to force the use of the 30 ms mode:

static void enc_init(MSFilter *f){
        EncState *s=ms_new(EncState,1);
-       s->nsamples=BLOCKL_20MS;
+       s->nsamples=BLOCKL_30MS;
-       s->nbytes=NO_OF_BYTES_20MS;
+       s->nbytes=NO_OF_BYTES_30MS;
-       s->ms_per_frame=20;
+       s->ms_per_frame=30;
        s->ptime=0;
        s->ts=0;
        ms_bufferizer_init(&s->bufferizer);
        f->data=s;
}

In any case this problem is not related to 64 bit at all.
It is an interoperability problem with some particular servers/phones,
due to an mis-specified RFC.

Simon