[Linphone-users] Linphone Stun issue

From: pankaj anand
Subject: [Linphone-users] Linphone Stun issue
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 23:12:58 +0530

hi,
 I am using linphone 3.2.0.99 build from sources on ubuntu 9.04

   I am using it behind a NAT and it is portRestrictedNat ( that i have tested with some other client).

   somehow i found that the stun client is not behaving correctly, Instead of sending Ip address my Nat server and punched hole port no , it sends the local ( private ) ip addrss of my machine in SDP information.

in logs i see that it says Symmetric nat detected for audio port.
when I opened the code, I found that I sends a single message to the Stun Server and on the reply of that single message it can identify that what type of NAT is being used.

please, Correct me if i am wrong.

BTW what is the meaning of this line in the code :

*id=resp.msgHdr.tr_id.octet[0];

I don't understand the STUN protocols internal that is why couldn't understand this code.

thanx in advance.

Pankaj