Re: [Linphone-users] linphone & tandberg with H264

From: Julien Garet
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] linphone & tandberg with H264
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 09:31:43 +0100

Le lundi 08 février 2010 à 17:51 +0100, Julien Garet a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to make calls from linphone to tandberg equipments (Tanbderg
> Edge 95, 3000 MXP and Tandberg T1). I can successfuly make calls, I can
> see what comes from the tandberg camera, can hear and be heard by the
> other side but on the tandberg screen nothing appears. Looking to the
> equipment console, video received is noted : H264 address@hidden (it should be
> something like : H264 address@hidden).
> It seems to work well using h263 codecs.
> So, my question is : has anyone already done some testing between room
> codecs (tandberg for instance) with H264 video ? Does linphone support
> HD resolutions ? (such as 720p or 1080p/i)

As an answer to myself, I've seen in the FAQ that H264 communication
with other isn't supported because packetization-mode value. But, the
most recent versions of msx264 (at least 1.3.0) does not support the
options told in the FAQ (./configure --enable-hacked-x264), so which
version should I use ?

Julien