Re: [Linphone-users] linphone support for video and voice calls between

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] linphone support for video and voice calls between more than 2 people at the same time?
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 01:36:37 +0100

Le lundi 22 février 2010 à 15:56 +0100, Bartłomiej Palmowski a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Distro: Ubuntu 9.10
> Linphone: 3.1.2 (installed from official ubuntu repos)
>
> Does linphone support video and voice calls between more than 2 people
> at the same time? I'd like to be able to do videoconference between few
> people at the same time, i've got configured sip accounts and sip
> conference bridge.
The answer is no, unless you have a conference server able to do video
mixing/switching. In this case linphone makes a simple call to the
server so it works, there nothing special required to the SIP client.

> Other problem is that i cannot see camera output, all I see is black
> window, camera can be found under /dev/video0 and is working under ekiga.
This problem is solved with the version available from git since support
for libv4lv2 has been added. However you would need to rebuild linphone
with libv4l2-dev installed to benefit from it.