Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone 3.2.99.4

From: Chris Vine
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone 3.2.99.4
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 20:06:09 +0100

On Mon, 03 May 2010 14:18:40 +0200
Simon Morlat <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Is it a usb microphone or a simple microphone plugged to the sound
> card ?

The external microphone has a standard mini-jack which is plugged into
the side of the netbook and thus (I assume) into the sound card.

The internal microphone (which linphone didn't see) is not a usb
microphone (according to lsusb) but beyond that, I can't say.

However, I cannot now reproduce the problem.  I seem to have solved it
by fiddling with my alsa mixer settings, and I cannot now get it to fail
again.  So treat it as a suspect report at the moment: it may well be
that different applications use different inputs (I notice that with
linphone the "digital" capture control governs input volume, but with
other applications it seems not to do so).

Chris