Re: [Linphone-users] Please include native support for PulseAudio

From: Xavion
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Please include native support for PulseAudio
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 13:11:28 +1000

Thank you for sharing your views regarding pulseaudio.
For  you what is the main advantage of using pulseaudio compared to
standart alsa ?

Some people might dispute this statement, but PulseAudio is the Linux sound server of the future.  For me, its biggest strength is the GUI approach that makes configuration much simpler.  Since Linphone is a GUI application, it makes sense to liaise with a sound server that has a native GUI.

In my opinion pulseaudio has a too big latency and is not appropriate for VOIP.

Any current latency issues will probably be resolved in future releases of PulseAudio.  If there are no other significant problems, I think it'd be wise for Linphone to support PulseAudio now, rather than continuing to lag behind the times.  Thanks for taking my opinions on this matter into consideration.