Re: [Linphone-users] HT-Proxy and Linphone (HTTP-Tunneling)

From: Sebastian Wagner
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] HT-Proxy and Linphone (HTTP-Tunneling)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 19:22:54 +0200

Yes and as it seems to be the easiest way to bypass firewall Issues
from a Client point of view I ask myself why hardly any Softphone
implements it :-/

As STUN seems to be only working with a single client behind a NAT,
otherwise you will again have a Port Issue.... and also Firewalls
often block content in general except:
Port 80 (but they can filter on Packets that port)
and Port 443 (https) => and they _cannot_ filter the Packets as they
expect https packets .. which are encrypted, so they can just allow
it....

So with HTTP-Tunneling on port 443 you can bypass almost any Firewall.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner
http://www.webbase-design.de