[Linphone-users] ilbc plugin build for win32

From: Gerald R. Generoso
Subject: [Linphone-users] ilbc plugin build for win32
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 11:49:51 +0800 (SGT)

I've been searching the archives for any reference to the subject of using ilbc for win32. It apparently builds without a hitch under linux (yet to be tested) but i think the build process is incomplete under windows as the dll file was not created.

I am using mediastreamer and ortp for an application and I am working looking into the possibility of using ilbc. I am using the linphone-3.2.0 package and gcc-3.4.5.

I followed the build instruction which is to first build the contents of ilbc-rfc3951 and the the contents of msilbc-2.0.1. both are prefixed to a certain directory. No errors where encountered when i built the contents of ilbc-rfc3951. But the following warning was displayed at the tail end of the msilbc-2.0.1 build:

*** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive c:/sayan_tmp/lib/libilbc.la.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in i686-pc-mingw32 shared libraries
libtool: link: ar cru .libs/libmsilbc.a  ilbc.o
libtool: link: ranlib .libs/libmsilbc.a
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libmsilbc.la" && cp -p "../libmsilbc.la" "libmsilbc.la" )

Are there any modifications that i must apply or certain procedures to follow to correctly build the plugin?

In profoundness and profanity,
Gerald R. Generoso

"Ano man ang iyong ginagawa sa iyong kapatid,
ay siya ring ginagawa mo sa akin..."
-Yano