Re: [Linphone-users] Please include native support for PulseAudio

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Please include native support for PulseAudio
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 09:57:20 -0700

I would also like to confirm that PulseAudio support works here.  Some people have reported latency issues, but the root causes could be elsewhere:  PulseAudio sometimes exposes bugs in underlying ALSA drivers.

For example, I have a USB adapter by C-Media which has no latency, and an Intel 82801DB (ICH4) which has some.  PulseAudio has options that can help with such problems (until the drivers are patched).

The new support makes life much easier.  Linphone is no longer blocked by the PulseAudio daemon, so there are no delays when making calls.

Felix