[Linphone-users] GSM Codec not found

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: [Linphone-users] GSM Codec not found
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:38:30 -0700

Christian,

My guess is that your version of mediastreamer was not built with gsm support.  You can have a look at the file 'configure.ac' in the mediastreamer2 directory to see how that works.  Most notably, the package 'libgsm1-dev' needs to be installed when mediastreamer is built.

If Mint 8 works with Ubuntu PPAs, you could try to upgrade to linphone version 3.3.2 with

https://launchpad.net/~felix.lechner/+archive/linphone-ppa

The package in the PPA has gsm enabled (as long as the shared library 'libgsm1' is also installed).

Perhaps that works for you.

Regards,
Felix