[Linphone-users] Internal mic not working with linphone (but with other

From: Florian Hollerweger
Subject: [Linphone-users] Internal mic not working with linphone (but with other apps)
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 16:06:57 +0000

Hi again,

The internal mic on my SAmsung Q45 laptop running Debian does not work
under linphone (v 3.3.2 from the Debian repositories), although it works
fine with other applications. In other words, there is silence from the
mic, no matter which capture device I choose in linphone's multimedia
settings:

ALSA:       default device
ALSA:       HDA Intel
OSS:        /dev/dsp
Pulseaudio: default

I presume this is related to following debug printout:

message: Registering all soundcard handlers
message: Card ALSA: default device added
warning: Could not attach mixer to card: Invalid argument

It might also be of interest that there is *no* PulseAudio installed on
this machine which might interfere.

Unfortunately, I currently don't have an external mic at hand and can
therefore not comment on whether the *external* audio input works.

Thanks,
flo.H