[Linphone-users] Linphonec echo cancellation on a BeagleBoard - extremel

From: Federico Lorenzi
Subject: [Linphone-users] Linphonec echo cancellation on a BeagleBoard - extremely high CPU use.
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 11:09:12 +0200

Hi everyone,

I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 on a BeagleBoard with the Linphone package
installed (3.3.2).
Calls work without the echo canceller, but are obviously quite echo-y.
The system is set up as a speakerphone essentially, and if I
understand correctly, this is one of the exact situations an acoustic
echo canceller is designed to help with. (As opposed to far end echo,
etc.)

I've tried various different numbers for the "ec on" parameters, but
no matter what I try (including numbers found at
http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg02533.html)
CPU usage goes extremely high, and the call becomes choppy. Linphonec
is shown using all of the CPU in top.

If it counts for anything I'm using Ulaw and it's registered to an Asterisk box.

Cheers,
Federico