[Linphone-users] linphonecsh and bash - how to capture call failure?

From: John Swarbrick
Subject: [Linphone-users] linphonecsh and bash - how to capture call failure?
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 15:19:59 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

I'm writing a simple bash script to make calls using linphonecsh.

I can make calls successfully, but how can my bash script be modified to detect
if a call was successful or not?

For example, this call should fail (as linphone is unregistered):

address@hidden:$ linphonecsh init
address@hidden:$ linphonecsh dial address@hidden

...but there is no stdout or stderr that the bash script can interpret.

It would be great if someone could post a working example, as I'm a bash newbie!

Thanks,

John