[Linphone-users] Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone on BlackBerry announ

From: Jehan Monnier
Subject: [Linphone-users] Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone on BlackBerry announce
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 18:48:48 +0100

Hi Dan,

Le 12 janv. 2011 à 14:05, Kosek Dan a écrit :

Jehan,

This is great news.

Does this work with both GSM and CDMA versions of Blackberry handsets?
Well, we have tested on a GSM device. But I guess most of recents BB devices support both CDMA and GSM. We know this version works pretty well on Bold series but not on  Storm 2 9550  :-(

Also, how hard is it to add other codec's (GSM, iLBC or Speex), as most IPPBXs don't support AMR?
As BB applications are pure java, it is nearly impossible to encode/decode voice at the application level. For audio encoding, we rely on what RIM provides. So far only AMR-NB is available in realtime. Today, we think the best is use  "server based" transcoding. We are thinking about providing a server with transcoding capabilities.
Best regards,

Dan
Cheers

Dan Kosek: VoicePlex - Traveler™ - Reach™
Contact Info: address@hidden - 240.345.9000