Re: [Linphone-users] Cross compilation error ::cannot find -lv4l1

From: Alastair Johnson
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Cross compilation error ::cannot find -lv4l1
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 14:03:58 +0000

In 3.1.0 building for armv4t with openembedded the v4l parts of mediastreamer
are being built despite the --disable-video option. Building 3.1.2 natively on
amd64 the v4l parts aren't built with --disable-video. I haven't looked any
closer into it to find out if it was a bug that was fixed between versions, or
if it's something that only happens building for certain targets. It would
probably have failed to build if openembedded hadn't already built the
dependencies because they were required by other packages, so I should
probably investigate further.

For you the soluton may be to try 3.1.2 or later, or to crosscompile the
required libs and stick them somewhere ld can find them. I can't help further
than that because all my crosscompile experience has been via build systems
like openembedded, openwrt and gentoo that look after dependencies for me.