[Linphone-users] Garbled, digital audio on embedded linux (gumstix)

From: John Swarbrick
Subject: [Linphone-users] Garbled, digital audio on embedded linux (gumstix)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 23:09:50 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

I have linphonec 3.3.2 running on a gumstix (angstrom) with alsa sound drivers.

I can play soundfiles with aplay through the speakers which sound normal, but
when I make a call to linphone the audio is unreadable.

The best way I can describe the sound is like a loud digital chopping noise,
with extremely faint voice in the background.

Calling another linphone running on a traditional laptop with Ubuntu works
fine, so the problem isn't the calling client or the pbx (Asterisk). This is on
WiFi.

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? I'm tearing my hair out as this
is probably something really simple!

Thanks,

John