[Linphone-users] Beta launch of linphone.org SIP service

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: [Linphone-users] Beta launch of linphone.org SIP service
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 15:54:43 +0100

Dear users and developers,

We are launching today (in beta) a free SIP service hosted on
linphone.org.
This allows to make SIP audio & video calls by using SIP addresses
managed by linphone.org.

How does this work ?
First visit:
http://www.linphone.org/eng/linphone/register-a-linphone-account.html
Choose a username and a password. After the email verification you get a
SIP address like sip:address@hidden

Second, configure your prefered linphone client by setting up a proxy
account, as follows:
For Linphone desktop and linphonec:
SIP Identity: sip:address@hidden
SIP Server: sip:sip.linphone.org
For iPhone, Android, blackberry linphones:
Username: your_username
Domain: sip.linphone.org

For blackberry only you need to supply the IP address of the server in
the "Proxy field":
Proxy: 91.121.196.132

Then now your friends can call you by entering your SIP address in the
SIP address field of linphone, or if they have also configured a
linphone account, they can just enter the username.

Our sip proxy accepts calling from and to other sip domains, it is not
restricted to registered people.

Remember this service is still powered in beta, as such we are more than
interested in getting your feedback regarding your experience using it !

Best regards,