Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone SIP service + IPKall + Google Voice on iPh

From: red rotors
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone SIP service + IPKall + Google Voice on iPhone 2g = ?
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 00:59:39 -0500

Well I just can't get Linphone to ring my phone. Calls work fine placed to my GV # and "outgoing" through GV Mobile but no ringing either way!!?? GV Mobil is a jailbreak app BTW, the GV app in itunes won't allow the callback to your choice of # as far as I can tell.

Do you think there is an advantage getting a free pbxes acct. vs. the Linphone free sip acct?
It seems easier with sipdroid than my iphone 2g (for 3g+ there is talkatone app that seems to do what sipdroid does - dial in / out from a single app). No automatic setup / configuration for pbxes for iphone app like you describe for sipdroid. I couldn't find a setup guide on the pbxes site and much of the discussions were over my head. Did I miss a newbie setup guide or iphone 2g guide? Currently using the Linphone free sip account and am curious what is different, better, advantage(s) of using a free pbxes sip account vs. the free Linphone sip account?

I found this re some help w/pbxes setup
http://hijinksinc.com/2010/05/24/free-sip-calling-with-google-voice-sans-gizmo5/

Cheers