[Linphone-users] Linphone Android Video HOWTO?

From: John Simpson
Subject: [Linphone-users] Linphone Android Video HOWTO?
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 23:11:21 -0500

Greetings.

I've been using Linphone on my Android for the past several months, connecting
to my own Asterisk server with two SIP accounts: one from Vitelity, and one
connected to the Asterisk server where I work.

The other day, the Android marketplace offered me an upgrade to "Linphone
Video", version 1.1.3. I upgraded, but other than a few video-related options
in the settings screen, I don't see any difference at all. In particular, I'm
not seeing any way to start sending or receiving video. (The phone is a
T-Mobile MyTouch 4G, which has an ARMv7 processor.)

I'm testing by using X-Lite on my desktop (a Mac Mini), which I have used in
the past for video chat with other SIP users.

Other than a few announcements that the feature is now available as of version
1.1.1, I don't see anything on the web site about how to set it up or how to
use it.

What am I missing here?

| John M. Simpson    ---   KG4ZOW   ---    Programmer At Large |
| http://www.jms1.net/                         <address@hidden> |
| http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173 |