Re: [Linphone-users] Voice Chat between iphone client

From: Yi Chen
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Voice Chat between iphone client
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 11:22:25 +0900

Dear Guillaume,

Thanks for your answer.
Yes ,my friend and I did the voice chat with linphone by putting the direct ip address and dial.
For example, in LAN, we called each other with sth like address@hidden.

Can we do the same thing with the smartphone version?

thanks,

Chen

2011/3/7 Guillaume BERAUDO <address@hidden>
Hi Yi Chen,

> Does anyone know about how to set up the voice chat between two
> linphone iphone/android client?
As advised by Nan Zhang you need to register to a SIP registrar.
You can register an account on the brand new Linphone SIP server, it
is free:
https://www.linphone.org/eng/linphone/register-a-linphone-account.html

> I previously used windows version before , and  was able to start a
> chat with my friend without any sip account setting. Is it possible
> in the iphone/android version?
On the smartphone versions of Linphone, the port used to receive calls
is chosen randomly: this is to allow several sip clients to run on the
same phone.

You were using directly the IP address of your friend?

Regards,

Guillaume Beraudo

--
Room to Fly, Endless Sky!