Re: [Linphone-users] Voice Chat between iphone client

From: Tom Covo
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Voice Chat between iphone client
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 10:06:04 -0500

Hi Chen,

I have seen the "no common codecs" error when using the iPhone. To fix it, try going into Linphone's settings (in the iPhone settings app) and verifying that all the desired codecs are enabled. Even if they were already enabled, viewing the settings once is important because it loads the default settings. If the default settings are not loaded, all values are read as false by linphone. (This is buggy behaviour, but most people don't notice it because they always go into the settings app to set up their SIP account before trying to make their first call. I have a patch for this, I'll see if I can submit it.)

Just to re-iterate the root cause of the problem: linphone on iPhone has a set of default values for its settings, but these default values are only loaded into the configuration the first time the user views linphone's setting in the iPhone's Settings.app. The expected behaviour would be for linphone to load these default values the first time it is launched after installing.

-Tom