[Linphone-users] Re: ...lost in configuration...

From: Custom Processing Unlimited
Subject: [Linphone-users] Re: ...lost in configuration...
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 09:54:34 -0500

@ Guillaume & Dragos: I read all the stuff on the site and it's gotten me
nowhere

@ Dragos: I have not yet looked at that video, but I will do so in the near
future. And where do I find this transcoder for the Blackberry of which you
speak? Is it something that can only be implemented on the server side and I
have to wait for, or something I can download for the Blackberry?

@ Liviu: You are absolutely right, the configuration IS confusing to a
newcomer... and I also thought the "sip:" needing to be added by the user
was also overly confusing and unnecessary (that should be hard-coded into
the backend since it's something that NEVER changes. Maybe that route was
easier on the developers or they ran into a serious flaw with attempting to
hard-code it and have yet to officially say so.
In any event, thanks for the tips. I didn't know IPv6 was a flaw/issue at
this point anymore. Forget if I set it or not. I will test out your
suggestions and see if I get an actual connection. I'm not very fond of it
asking for a password separate from the settings page because I mostly
receive incoming calls, and the last softphone I recall having that feature
made it nearly impossible to connect without having to attempt to make a
call first (which is a hinderance, in my case). Either way, thank you for
the help.

@all: my only issue now (as I've just tested it and it seems to be working on the desktop) is about 30% of the calls (so far) come through with no audio in on my end.  I've attempted repeat calls back to back to test and it seems to clear up on the 2nd or 3rd try.  Is that a codec issue?

--
If "custom" was mass produced... it would just be a "product line."
Custom Processing Unlimited