[Linphone-users] Many "Proxies" -- which one in use?

From: Anton J Aylward
Subject: [Linphone-users] Many "Proxies" -- which one in use?
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 07:34:33 -0400

I can see in the documentation how to add a "Proxy Account".
There doesn't seem to be any limit to how many I can add :-)
But they seem to be handles automatically.

The main screen gives a "Current identity" with an icon beside it and
the icon pulls down, but its not clear if that takes the identity
of-line (for whatever that might mean) or un-registers it.

Worse of all, when I make a call, the log file seems to indicate that
non of my "identities" or "proxy accounts" are announced -- it is the
"Your resulting IP address" -- which is not any IP address I have
registered but rather my name plus the external address of my NAT
router.  I don't see why people need to be told that if they are going
to be calling (or calling back) to one of the accounts I have
registered.  (Perhaps this could be construed as a security flaw, an
"information leakage".)

So what does the "off line ... Busy ... Away ..." really mean in terms
of registration and use of that account?

How can I control which account is used?

--
If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.
                -- Voltaire