[Linphone-users] Feature Request: Ringtone per line...

From: Custom Processing Unlimited
Subject: [Linphone-users] Feature Request: Ringtone per line...
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 21:55:45 -0500

I realize it will be a LONG time before VOIP/SIP is capable of having an individual ringtone for each member of a contact list like cell phones do, but I would sincerely love the ability to have a different standard ringtone for each of my individual accounts.  I have a personal line and a business line that are both SIP.  Linphone doesn't actually differenciate on which "line" or account a call is coming from (which would also be a nice feature to add), so I'd like a way to do so via the ringtone.  Twinklephone has accomplished this very well and has had such a feature for a long time.  I mention them because it may be a good base to work from since that implementation works, and works well... SFLPhone, however, is not well implemented (as it's primary "IP2IP" line is the only ringtone that actually works, even though they have options to set ringtones per account, they are overridden by IP2IP).  If this is feasible within your current coding framework, that would be great.  If not, that's fine.  But I'd rather request and be denied then not request at all.

--
If "custom" was mass produced... it would just be a "product line."
Custom Processing Unlimited