Re: [Linphone-users] ortp statistics.

From: João Henrique Freitas
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] ortp statistics.
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 13:31:53 -0300

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Tom Covo <address@hidden> wrote:
> If I understand correctly, you are using oRTP in your own application,
> outside Linphone? It happens in Linphone too.

Yes. My application uses oRTP to send and receives Clear Channel
frames, inside RTP.

> I believe it happens because
> the application (the mediastreamer ticker component) checks for new RTP
> packets every 10ms.

I am checking every 5ms.

> So when you're using a codec with 20ms audio frames, the
> other end only sends a new packet every 20ms, so half the time there is no
> new packet.

The other side sends to me every 5ms too.

> Specifically, any time you call rtp_session_recvm_with_ts (rtpsession.c) and
> no new packets have been received appropriate to the requested timestamp,
> that diagnostic count (stats.unavaillable) will be incremented.

Ok, I will check my timestamp.

> -Tom

Thanks.

João Henrique Freitas - joaohf_at_gmail.com
Campinas-SP-Brasil
BSD051283
LPI 1
http://www.joaohfreitas.eti.br