Re: [Linphone-users] One-Way Audio Issues

From: Andrew Savchenko
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] One-Way Audio Issues
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 00:43:35 +0400

Hello,

On Mon, 4 Apr 2011 16:09:46 -0300 Jim Diamond wrote:
> There may be some way known to many people as to how to figure out
> what option you should hand to your sound card.  I'm not one of those
> people, so from here you are on your own.

There is a way, if you are compiling your kernel from the sources.
You may compile all Intel HDA submodules as different kernel modules,
then you may load them separately and decide which one suits better
for your hardware (though, a default kernel's choise is usually the
best). Some of these modules have their own options, you may learn
what they mean using modinfo and by digging the kernel docs.

Afterwards you may put desired options into modprobe.conf or
recompile your kernel to include only a desired submodule and provide
additional options (if any) via the kernel options string using your
boot loader. (I personally prefer not to use modules for the built-in
hardware and compile all necessary code directly into the custom
kernel.)

Best regards,
Andrew Savchenko