Re: [Linphone-users] not listening on port 5060 on Android

From: Brian J. Murrell
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] not listening on port 5060 on Android
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 08:48:38 -0400

On 11-04-15 08:28 AM, Guillaume BERAUDO wrote:
> Hi Brian,

Hi Guillaume,

> No, it is possible to receive calls.
>
> As stated by Simon, the choosing of a random port is to allow the use
> of several SIP clients.

Indeed.  I read and responded to your reply before reading Simon's.  I
followed up on Simon's response with a packet trace showing why I
suspected that my Asterisk box was not using the port that linphone was
using as it's source.

> You can still reach the Android client directly with the (ip address,
> port) pair. Of course, it also works through a registrar, like
> "address@hidden".

Right.  So long as linphone is sending the correct ip address/port pair,
which I suspect it's not, in some of it's Contact: headers.  See the
packet trace.

> You can register an address on linphone's public registrar here:
> https://www.linphone.org/eng/linphone/register-linphone-account.html

That's fair enough, but I want to register with my own Asterisk server
and use linphone in the "closed" environment of my own telephone network.

> nb: please, keep the list on copy as the information can be valuable
> for others.

I did/do.  Maybe there is a delay in the list receiving it from gmane.
I do see that my posting to you and the list, via gmane, did get
distributed.  Maybe it was just delayed until a time that was after you
received the directly delivered copy and responded to it.  I suppose
it's not at all surprising that a direct delivery would arrive before a
re-distribution would.

Cheers and thanks much for all of the input.  It's much appreciated.

b.