Re: [Linphone-users] 30+/- sec ring delay

From: Custom Processing Unlimited
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] 30+/- sec ring delay
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 10:10:53 -0500

Running linphone on my laptop, desktop AND mobile device (sometimes simultaneously) all with the same configuration (copy/paste of working .linphonerc to eliminate guesswork because manual configuration sometimes wouldn't produce password prompt or allow login). As far as Linphone goes, this is all incoming calls.  Both the service I use to dial out and receive incoming calls is 3rd party to linphone's configuration (so I use another program to dial out, linphone rings on my end, I pick up, the call connects and rings on the other end).

Will admit that it hadn't been this long of a delay until after I called a friend's Android phone.  Their phone went crazy (kicking out settings, shutting down, changing it's own ringtones and some other things I forget that were told to me after the call attempt) and linphone's call delay increased significantly...  Will try the debug option you mentioned.  I don't have another SIP provider and would rather not go through the headache of signing up for another one for the purpose of troubleshooting, but I comprehend the concept.  When you say increase debugging on my network eq, do you mean my router or my network card(s)?

I have, with my laptop, tried a second network connection, but it was only 3G, so my mileage varied with that in general.  When I am able to find the time, I will attempt a call at a local library with a decent high-speed connection.  What parts of the configuration in Linphone could/should I alter for test purposes? I've already backed up my settings, so I'm not worried about losing them again. I've changed SIP (UDP) ports, tried STUN on and off, enabled and disabled pretty much all the codecs... but I haven't done anything with bandwidth control.

Got tired of trying to anonymize the log file, so I will send that to you directly... just don't want phone numbers and IP addresses out in the wild like that.

--
If "custom" was mass produced... it would just be a "product line."
Custom Processing Unlimited