[Linphone-users] Android Noise Threshold

From: Dunkel, Christopher
Subject: [Linphone-users] Android Noise Threshold
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 15:23:07 +0000

LinPhone Users,

I have been working on implementing LinPhone on the Android for the past few
weeks and I've been struggling with a curious problem.  My setup involves two
or more Android devices running LinPhone using FreeSwitch to provide a voice
conference room.  My issue is that there is a "lag" between the sending and
receiving devices.  Standard lag is not an issue, but this seems to be cutting
off the first second or so of audio.

My first thought was to adjust the noise threshold, or to see if it was an
issue with echo cancellation.  However I haven't been able to find where to set
these parameters.  For the desktop version these would be located in the
"linphonerc" file, but I can't seem to find a corollary in the Android code.

So, my first question would be if anyone has experienced similar lag issues and
how they fixed them.  My second question is, in the Android version of the code
where are these settings located?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris