[Linphone-users] Android/Freeswitch Presence

From: Dunkel, Christopher
Subject: [Linphone-users] Android/Freeswitch Presence
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 20:08:53 +0000

I’m working on implementing the LinPhone client on Android OS and I’ve been having issues with presence.  Specifically when client sets its status using “LinphoneCore.setPresenceInfo(0, null, OnlineStatus.Away)”, for example, the receiving client will get an updated presence of “Online”.  The only way the clients appear to go offline is for them to unregister from the Freeswitch server.

Also, once a client goes offline (by unregistering from Freeswitch), the only way for other clients to receive more presence notifications from the offline client seems to be to create a new LinphoneFriend object, enable subscribe for that friend, and add it to the buddy list.

Has anyone else had similar issues or have any thoughts on why this might be happening?

If anyone has any questions please let me know.  I will be happy to post code snippits if they will help.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Chris Dunkel

Harris Corp.
Software Engineer, GCSD