Re: [Linphone-users] "How to sync contact list?"

From: Sven Nielsen
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] "How to sync contact list?"
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 11:14:39 +0200

> Hi,
>
> I cant see anything in the menu or in the documentation to import/sync
> contacts at linphone. How can I achieve this, other way only thing I can do
> is testing linphone! By the way I tried many tools -both open and commercial-
> and linphone really is doing a good job for me I decided using this but i
> cant find a way to import my contacts to linphone. I will tell about this to
> everyone since using linphone would be cheaper, easier and more healthy(no
> gsm waves) but i cant start using it.

If you are on Linux, have a look in ~/.linphonerc (in your home
directory). Phone book contacts are stored in entrties like this:

[friend_0]
url="Some Guy" <sip:address@hidden>
pol=accept
subscribe=1

[friend_1]
url="Other Girl" <sip:address@hidden>
pol=accept
subscribe=1

As a workaround, maybe you can find some automated way to add your
contact entries to the file. They will show up in linphone then.

> I think this is the showstopper, if this  issue is resolved (no matter
> easy/simple or hard/complex way) linphone will be everywhere in no time.

Well, linphone is, indeed, getting better and better, but lets see if
quality and stability prove it is really ready for that yet ;)

Cheers