[Linphone-users] Linphonec Configuration on Debian

From: Paul Roge
Subject: [Linphone-users] Linphonec Configuration on Debian
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 17:28:55 -0700

Hello,

I really like the commandline linphonec. Thanks! I just having a few
configuration issues (linphonec 3.3.2 on Debian stable). I have ekiga.net and
sip.diamondcard.us accounts. Both accounts seem to have the same configurations
in the .linphonerc file.

Voice and video work with both accounts when I call out (meaning we hear and
see each other), however not perfectly when I receive calls from others who are
using xmeeting (no linphone):

1) When my ekiga account is called from by another ekiga user, I do not hear
any ringing and cannot answer the call.

2) When my diamondcard account is called by another diamondcard user, I hear
ringing and can answer it, but only voice is transmitted, no video.

Also, I am wondering if anyone knows about the following questions:

1) How can I receive and make calls to different sip providers, for example
between diamondcard and ekiga?

2) Usually when I do not answer a call to my diamondcard number or am not
signed in, people are redirected to leave a voice message. However, when I am
talking with someone on my diamondcard number, other callers get a message
saying that I am unavailable rather than getting my message machine. Is this a
linphone issue or a diamondcard issue?

I can send a debug file if that would be helpful for any of the above questions.

thanks!
Paul