Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone 3.4.99.4 available

From: joakim
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone 3.4.99.4 available
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 00:13:19 +0100

Sylvain Berfini <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi.
>
> I uploaded some pre-release package for the 3.5 version that will come
> in a few weeks.
> Source code is available for Linux, MacOS and Windows :
> http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/linphone/unstable/source/linphone-
> 3.4.99.4.tar.gz
> I also published a bundle for Win32 plateforms :
> http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/linphone/unstable/win32/linphone-
> 3.4.99.4-setup.exe
> I invite you to test it and send us your traductions.
>
> Thanks a lot.

I built a local Fedora 16 rpm based on the official rpm to try it.
It was somewhat tedious:
- fedora disables video because of some silly software patent, so I
reenabled it
- the distro libortp is too old so I enabled the bundled one because I
was too lazy to build a separate rpm
- set --enable-strict=no
- add all new files to the rpm

it installs, starts and shows self video. Naturally it would be better
if linphone could somehow include video support out of the box on the
distro but I'm not sure how that ought to be done. probably better to
move the entire package to rpmfusion-free and be done with it.

--
Joakim Verona