[Linphone-users] linphonec questions

From: Me
Subject: [Linphone-users] linphonec questions
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 22:26:24 +0000

I am trying to install linphonec on a smartphone running Linux, but after looking at various docs and a bit of googling I couldn't find the answers I was looking for, hence this post.

Linphonec voice "recording" capabilities - I would like to be able to record calls (in both directions) while making them (i..e when talk and listen to someone). As far as I can gather, in order to activate this I need to set "soundcard use file", and then "record <wav file>", but if I do that am I going to be able to use the client to make (and receive) calls?

If voice "recording" is implemented in linphonec does it exist in the GUI client as well? If so, where can I find it (options/settings etc)?

As far as I can tell, linphonec cannot support multiple accounts. What would happen if I run multiple instances of it (in different terminals)? Would that work?

Last query - can I specify the range of ports linphonec should use when making and receiving calls? This would help with setting the firewall rules and make things a bit easier and manageable!