Re: [Linphone-users] "no codec intersection" in ACK from voipbuster

From: Koos Pol
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] "no codec intersection" in ACK from voipbuster
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 16:32:49 +0100

Op 04-01-12 09:55, Guillaume BERAUDO schreef:
> Hi Koos,
>

> Could you provide the logs for:
> - the INVITE sent;
> - the ACK received.

The plot thickens...
Before trying to fix history, I thought I'd better try to compile the
latest sources from 3.5.0. That didn't work due to missing libraries.
So I installed some devel packages (avcodec and a few others), with
required me to change repositories and upgrade the parent libraries. By
now I'm having three repos for multimedia stuff: openSUSE, Packman and
videolan.

In the end I'm still on openSUSEs 3.4.3 and guess what, now the call
partly works: I have sound on Linux, but not on Windows.

I can only conclude it is the Linux variant of the well known Windows
"dll hell".
The real solution I have for this is that Linux should provide a
different/reverse dependency chain for libraries.
Currently is works as: somelib.so -> somelib.so.2 -> somelib.so.2.5

I think I should be the other way around:
somelib.so.2.5 -> somelib.so.2 -> somelib.so

This gives a much greater flexibility in providing multiple simultaneous
minor versions. If all I knew how to implement it... :-/

Cheers,
Koos