Re: [Linphone-users] contact on Android unreachable

From: Dragos D
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] contact on Android unreachable
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 22:20:08 -0500

Does this still happen if you try just a few seconds/minutes after he starts linphone on his android phone?

On Jan 15, 2012 5:36 PM, "Gerhard Stengel" <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I've the problem that I can't reach a friend who has Linphone 1.2.2 running on
Android 2.3.3 from my PC (running Linphone 3.5.0 on Linux). Linphone tries to
establish the connection but obviously it's not ringing on the other side
(it's just sending out invites, but there's never a reply from the other
side).

If he calls me first, I can call him back. This sounds very similar to a
firewall problem, i.e. the necessary port become unblocked by him calling me
first. So my somewhat stupid question: does an Android phone have a firewall?
If so, how can I change it to set the necessary port forwarding?

We have both linphone.org accounts.

best regards

Gerhard