Re: [Linphone-users] How to tell linphone which IP address to use

From: Gelonida N
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] How to tell linphone which IP address to use
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 22:52:05 +0100

On 02/22/2012 12:25 PM, MJ Ray wrote:
> Koos Pol <address@hidden>
>> Op 21-2-2012 22:12, Gelonida N schreef:
>>> - ethernet ip 192.168.0.2
>>> - wifi 192.168.1.2
>>> - VPN 10.8.0.2
>>> [...]
>>> Is there any way, that I can force linphone to register as 10.8.0.2
>>> (basically to determine its IP address on a specific interface and use
>>> this one)?
>>
>> You don't get to choose an IP address. That is a function of the network
>> stack. [...]
>
> What do
> contact=<sip:address@hidden>
> and
> nat_address=10.8.0.2
> in .linphonerc do then?
>
> Take care with ip route if you do this, though.  Make sure you can
> actually reach to/from both SIP and RTP hosts over the VPN, else
> it can get confusing.
>
> Hope that helps,

Yes this is exactly what I am doing at the moment and this is working.
The only annoying thing is, that my IP address on the subnet may change
whenever I reconnect to the VPN

Further I would ideally like to register at two registrars.
(Though I can live without this at least for the time being)
Calls to mebers on the VPN registrar should be routed via the VPN
and calls to members registered on the ethernet registrar should be
routed via ethernet.

However I think there is only one
nat_address  entry in linphone rc

I downloaded already all the linphone sources and managed to compile an
executable.

Unfortunately I don't know the linphone SW architecture and the ortx
functionality.

So I wondered whether there would be any way to chnage the code such,
that what is sent to my VPN registrar will contain only references to my
 local VPN address (and not to my ethernet address) and what is sent to
my ethernet registrar contains only references to (my ethernet address,
but not to my VPN)

Do the libraries have enough parameters to achieve this and if yes, what
sections of the source had I to look at??