[Linphone-users] Compile current linphone for Ubuntu 10.0.4

From: Gelonida N
Subject: [Linphone-users] Compile current linphone for Ubuntu 10.0.4
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 11:21:20 +0100

Hi,

I'd like to compile linphone for Ubuntu 10.0.4

I'm having a lot of problems with too old libraries on Ubuntu and wonder
what would be the best way to proceed.

I see two potential ways:

- create a build environment on 10.0.4 where I recompile all outdated
libraries in a custom path and build linphone from there.

- use a virtual machine with a newer Ubuntu version, build linphone
there and package linphone and all required libraries for usage on a
Ubuntu 10.0.4 machine.

I tried the first approach, but got somehow lost when trying to compile
all the required libraries. ( I guess some errors with the options I
passed to configure)

What would be your recommendations?