Re: [Linphone-users] audio jitters on Linphone Android

From: Liviu Andronic
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] audio jitters on Linphone Android
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 15:52:06 +0200

Hello

On Fri, 25 May 2012 13:52:52 +0200, Dragos D <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi, I am not sure what you mean by jitter. Do you mean discontinuities when
hearing the other party, or the way they hear you?

Well, for now I've only tested using the iptel.org 'music' and 'echo' services. Currently using 'GSM' codec and 3G.

When testing 'music', especially in the first ~10sec, I get intermittent scratching noises inserted. (Analogous to electrical discharges? Or perhaps to ancient vinyl discs?) I'm not sure how else to describe them. I don't get them in MizuDroid.

I'm wondering though if that's due to the complexity of the stream in 'music'. I've tested also with 'echo', talking like a fool to myself, and I no longer get these jitters. So maybe this is all a false alarm.

Could you use headphones and disable both the echo limiter and the echo
cancellation and let me know how it behaves?

I've disabled both and plugged in decent headphones: I still get the jitters in 'music'. And seemingly no issues with 'echo'.

Two questions: Is 'GSM' the code that I should prefer (as in: the optimal codec) for 3G? And is it possible to record SIP calls? I can use 'vrecorder' to record regular phone calls, but I'm not sure how I could do this for Linphone or MizuDroid.

Cheers
Liviu